I’m a big Science Fiction and Fantasy fan so any chance I get to watch videos that talk about Science Fiction and Fantasy I’m going to take. There aren’t a lot of people I get to talk to about fantasy books since most of the readers in my life are primarily historical fiction, romantic comedy, or conspiracy thriller readers. Here’s a list of my top five favorite Booktubers.
- Regan from PeruseProject – We have pretty similar tastes in books. Most of the books that I have loved are recommendations I got from watching her channel. I like that she reads multiple genres and she reads a mix of Young Adult and Adult fantasy. Regan also has amazing style and her channel is one of the rare few that I it set to notify me when they post.
- Elliott Brooks – I’m a big fan of Elliott’s channel and her reviews are great! My favorite series on her channel are her funny one star reviews. I also love watching her wrap-ups. She is also a fantasy writer herself so she knows the fantasy genre from both sides. (Her book Peace and Turmoil just came out! I haven’t read it yet but I’m really excited about it!)
- Daniel Greene – Daniel posts really great discussions on his channel. I like the way he promotes active discussion and literary criticism of books that don’t typically get that treatment. For example, he has a bunch of videos discussing The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson. I kind of want to model some of my discussions on this blog after his framework that he’s used on his channel.
- Cass from What Cass Read – This is another channel I love because we have similar reading tastes. When I’m unsure whether or not I want to read a book I look to her channel and if she loved it, it means I most likely will too!
- Connor O’Brien – I really like Connor’s channel because his reviews are great. He works really hard to find the positives and negatives of all the books he reviews on his channel and he reads a mix of both young adult and adult fantasy. He also captions his videos which makes it fifteen million times easier for me to watch since I am Hard of Hearing.